Charters, Guides and Events – with or without accommodation!
Book the Adventure of a life-time right now, Experience the Outdoors at its best with professional Guides at your side.
Let Us Help to make your Dreams come True!
UNIQUE HOUSEBOAT, LAKE KARIBA
Discover a Houseboat that Defines a New Dimension of Relaxation!
Lake Kariba’s UNIQUE Houseboat is designed for relaxation.
It offers the perfect platform to view the game from the water’s edge as well as fishing until your heart is content.
Where else in the world can you view African game, catch a Tigerfish and sip on an ice-cold drink, all at the same time!
- UNIQUE is a well laid out 22-meter Pontoon Houseboat powered by Honda.
- It has four self-contained air-conditioned en-suite cabins and one separate toilet.
- The boat caters for 12 passengers (8 in the cabins and 4 on the top deck). The top deck is fitted with a pool-jacuzzi for those hot summer days and a dining area/lounge along with a fully fitted bar.
- A newly fitted DSTV and sound system will entertain you while our crew spoils you.
- We have a pontoon boat with a 20hp Honda 4 stroke engine for game viewing and enjoying sundowners and an additional speed boat for all your fishing, for hire on availability.
- MAX PAX 12
- CREW 3 crew (Captain, chef and 1 deckhand)
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 knots
- CABINS 4 well ventilated and spacious double/twin cabins, all en suite (shower, toilet, basin) All cabins have, drop down blinds, French doors, and mosquito gauze. New Curtains in all the cabins.
- AIR-CONDITIONING All cabins fully air-conditioned during the day with 12-volt fans for night time use. Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10 pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air-Cons will not run after this time.
- EXTRA BEDDING for those sleeping on deck
- TOILETS 5 (Separate toilet and shower on the Bermuda deck)
- SHOWERS 5
- FULLY FITTED KITCHEN with 4 plate gas hob/oven
- COLD SPACE 2 x minus 40 Deepfreeze, 1 x Fridge Freezer
- TOP DECK centered on a large covered bar/ lounge area with splash pool and sun deck at the stern, comfortable seating and 4 see-you-now-now loungers.
- BAR Fitted Teak bar with 6 stools and a second minus 40 deep freeze
- ENTERTAINMENT Music System, DVD Player, TV & DSTV (Family Bouquet)
- POWER supplied 220V and 12V, 9kva Silent Generator
- PLUG POINTS Square and round Plugs on Board, clients to supply adaptors
- BRAAI No wood braais permitted, charcoal only which clients must supply including lighters and firelighters.
- SWIMMING POOL Yes
- CHILD-FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDER BOATS 1x pontoon boat with 20hp Honda 4 stroke engine and an additional speed boat for hire on availability. Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long-distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details)
- MOORING VEHICLE PARKING: The Harbour Master is on the premises during the night at Marine Land Harbour
- BOARDING at 12:00 pm and disembarking at 10:00 am
- Bird Watching: 240 bird species
- Fishing: Tigerfish, Bream, Tilapia, Catfish, Barbel, Labeo, Jack, and the mighty Vundu, which commonly attains the size of a fully grown man.
- Game Viewing: Wild lions, White rhino, Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Buffalo, Leopard, Hyaena, Cheetah, Hippopotamus, and the Nile crocodile.
- Photography and Videography: Lake Kariba is a photographer’s paradise.
Sunbathing: UNIQUE has a spacious upper deck with a bar area and dining area. If you’re not after adventure, then simply unwind and soak up the great African sun.
From $650.00 PER NIGHT TO $1200.00 PER NIGHT.
Rates quoted are dry (excluding fuel and parks fee).
Catering can be done with one of the caterers or we have a professional chef who can prepare almost anything as long as you have the ingredients available.
There are many small grocery stores where groceries can be purchased in Kariba before you board the boat. We can also purchase all the groceries for you if necessary.
We can also arrange drinks, ice, worms, bait blocks and any other extras you might require.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
Please note that check-in time is 14h00 and check-out time is 10h00.
The Reception office closes at 21h00. Kindly advise us of late arrivals.
A refundable breakage deposit of $500 is required upon check-in.
A reservation will only be confirmed on full payment.
Thank you for your interest shown in Unique Houseboat. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
- Houseboat, a pontoon, and one, speed boat.
- Fully fitted kitchen.
- DSTV family bouquet DVD and entertainment center.
- All linen and mosquito nets, cooking gas.
- Bath and Swimming Towels.
- Gas, cleaning materials, toilet paper, guest soap, shampoo & body lotion.
- All fuel and outboard oil (the main vessel, tender boats, and generators will be full before departure- on return to harbor at the end of the trip you will be required to refuel these and settle in USD cash at
- that time)
- Fuel consumption depends on your destination.
- All meals, drinks, condiments, serviettes and personal toiletries and requirements/lighters, matches, torches and batteries, sun cream, insect spray, and mosquito repellent.
- Fishing equipment and bait. These are available upon request at the client’s cost.
- Ice (recommended 4 blocks per day during winter and 5 blocks per day in the summer months)
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
- Crew gratuities
Fully inclusive option: For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, we offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire, and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.
Recommended Charter Routes:
- 2-night charters – up to Antelope Island
- 3-night charters – up to Palm bay
- 4-night charters – up to Sanyati west
- 5-night charters – up to Elephant point
- 6 nights or more – up to the Ume
For further Details, Customer reviews and bookings
Your Hosts are: Captain: Cain – Chef: Chance – Deck Hands: Elvin & Livingston
We’d Love to Hear from You! Are You Ready to Book your stay with us?
I am here for you and I will be more than happy to help you out where possible!
NB: If you ever need a hand or have any questions or even a general comment about my site or it’s content etc. Please feel free to leave your comments below.
Please come back occasionally to check for updates.
How useful was this post?
- Thank you for visiting my web pages
- Please leave a comment below
- Or contact me via one of the social buttons or at email@example.com
All the best,